Celso Pepito's Sketching Journey in Malaysia and Singapore 2022

"Sketching is already a part of my life since I became a member of the Creative Industry. It started simply to improve on my drawing skills, as advised by the late Julian Jumalon, it became a part of my creative passion in relation to my desire to making use of my time, as productive as possible.

Our 10 day latest trip to Malaysia and Singapore were indeed, another exciting journey for me as a painter.
 
These 13 out of the 25 sketches i have done from Manila to KLIA2, to Ipoh, to Taiping, to Kuala Kangsar, to Singapore, to KLIA2, to Manila, and to Cebu, were testaments of my fascination in recording my travel, through sketching.
 
Making this journey was a gift of joy for me, as i have enjoyed every minute I spent in many places we have visited In Malaysia and Singapore.
 
I am hoping that these 13 sketches will add more fulfillment to a freind who values the importance of collecting sketches!
 
In the end, i realized that bringing with me my pen, pencil and sketch pad, every time i travel has bore me not only fulfillment, but has also given me the opportunity to improve on my drawing skills, facilitated my appreciation for composition, and motivated few of my friends to start using their drawing skills to add more beauty to their future travels".
 
                                                                                                                                       -Celso D. Pepito- 
 

First Impression 6.5"x6.5"  
 
Arriving in the hotel at 4:30 pm, this was the view on the window of Ipoh

Inspiration Starbucks, Pen and Pencil, 5.3"x8.3"
 
Arriving at KLIA2 airport, Celso sat on a bench where he saw a Starbucks outlet. Too tired, he managed to draw the logo only but decided to add more details in his QC studio.

When Bonding Matters, Pen and Pencil, 8.3"x5.9"
 
Drawn on the first day of arrival in Singapore at the Harbourfront Mall while drinking coffee

Singapore: Their Way of Life, Pen and Pencil, 5.9"x8.3"

Interpreting Gunong Lang, Pen and Pencil,6.5"x6.5"
 
Part of the Tin Mining complex of Ipoh which is now part of the Tourist Destination of Perak, Malaysia

Family Affair,Pen and Pencil, 6.5"x6.5"
 
Drawn on the second day at the MH hotel

The Ipoh Culture, Pen and Pencil 6.5"x6.5"
  
 
There was an event in the Kinta Waterfront Walk where local artists did some sketching with subjects focuses on the costume of the Malaysians, so he opted to draw this

Precious Moments, Pen and Pencil, 6.5"x6.5"
 
Before leaving for the first tour in Ipoh he drew this in front of the MH hotel

A Touch of Royalty, Pen and Pencil, 5.8"x8.3"
 
This was an old house in Kuala Kangsar built in 1800.  The King of Perak used to stay here when the palace was renovated

Impression Black House, The Port, Pen and Pencil, 6.5"x6.5"
 
Moving to Taiping, Datu Kamil brought them to the Port: People of Remarkable Talent, Celso did this quick sketch

Family Harmony, Pen and Pencil,  6.5"x6.5"

Remnant of Friendship, 5.3"x8.9"

 Sketched at the Art Workshop at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore

Going Back to Basic, 6.5"x6.5"
 
Last day in Ipoh, he decided to sketch "Takyan" for the Tubo Art Fair in the hotel

Popular posts from this blog

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Celso Duazo Pepito

Rodolfo S. Cornejo on Stamp

Glimpses of Old Cebu: Images of the Colonial Era

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Cesar Castillo

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Billy Pomida

Manuel H. Bernabe on Stamps

Vicente Fabella on Stamps