My Ryan Cayabyab CD Collection

  
 Ryan Cipriano Pujante Cayabyab is an icon in Philippine music industry and my idol since the Ryan Ryan Musikahan days in the 80's. He is one of the those who inspired me to continue learning and playing the  piano until the present. 
 
I love his piano playing, arrangements, compositional style and the joy which he exudes while he is on his piano. I almost have his complete CDs (more than 20) which i started collecting since the first CDs came out in the 80s, including the instrumentals as rendered by the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra and Master Chorale,  Roots to Routes Jazz album, Christmas Albums, A Capella Albums, Commercial CD he made for Dunkin Donut and rare works like his Sacred Music which won the Onassis International Cultural Competition for Original Music Composition for Dance and Spoliarium, an opera on Juan Luna with coloratura soprano and National Artist for Music, Fides Cuyugan Asencio
 
I also collected artists whom he nurtured and  whose music he composed for, like RCS (Ryan Cayabyab Singers), Pinoy Dream Academy Scholars, 14K and Smokey Mountain.
 
The CD above was signed after a concert.  It reads "To Ting, Enjoy!"- Ryan.  Yes Ryan, I truly enjoyed your music! I had one other CD where he signed the insert notes.  I hope one day he signs my whole collection!
 
He was named as National Artist of the Philippines for Music in 2018.
 
Here are some of the CDs in this collection:

 
 






















Update- November 2022. Ryan finally signed my entire CD collection with a special video message! Thank you Mr. C, God bless you po and Merry Christmas! Thank you Ninong Ramon Abejuela, We love you!
 






Popular posts from this blog

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Celso Duazo Pepito

Rodolfo S. Cornejo on Stamp

Glimpses of Old Cebu: Images of the Colonial Era

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Cesar Castillo

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Billy Pomida

Manuel H. Bernabe on Stamps

Vicente Fabella on Stamps