The Joy of Running

I never thought I could do it, but I did. I had been using the treadmill for > 15 years as an adjunct to my resistance training in the gym; I never really enjoyed plodding on this motorized machine. But since a month ago when my wife lovingly asked me to buy one for her, I find myself using the contraption more than she does. With its imposing presence in our bedroom, we have the freedom to walk/run whenever we want. 
 
I run in the morning or late at night- it doesn't really matter as long as I'm running. My wife walks on it while watching her favorite movies and keeping an eye on our one year and 8 month old Vincent busy at play. This day, a month after we got the treadmill, I ran continuously for 49 minutes covering a distance of 5 Km- a personal best so far. I'll continue running for its health benefits and for the natural high it gives.. what an endorphin rush!

Popular posts from this blog

Rodolfo S. Cornejo on Stamp

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Celso Duazo Pepito

Glimpses of Old Cebu: Images of the Colonial Era

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Cesar Castillo

Cebuano Artists Painting Collection- Billy Pomida

Empowered Women- An Art Exhibit Celebrating Women's Month at Nustar

Manuel H. Bernabe on Stamps